How Do I Get Black Hair Dye Off Of Bathroom Sink And Counter?

8

Charlie Gilbert Profile
Charlie Gilbert answered
"Firstly, you should be very careful with what you apply to a porcelain sink. This is less crucial for a bathroom counter but, depending on the material it is made from, can still be important. Certain forms of bleach are one possibility with many people reporting success when using this; however, caution is advised as with any product, as this could still damage your sink, depending on material and condition. Also, nail-polish remover is another method that seems to have been a success for many people with a similar problem, and it can be applied directly to the stained area and then simply scrubbed off.     

If you have a stain that is particularly large, or persistent, then bleach is clearly a more practical solution, however, I would not advise using bleach on a sink or counter that is a dark colour, or a colour significantly dissimilar to the usual white or cream, as the bleach could quite easily 'bleach' your bathroom furniture, leaving a stain worse than the original one!
"
I googled it and it said rubbing alcohol, but I had none, so I used nail polish remover and it worked like a charm, so either one will work.
According to some notes from howstuffworks.com it's a battle between alcohol and the use of ammonia. Search "hair dye removal" and follow the instructions carefully.

My girlfriend has long chic hair, she dreamed of cutting it because it is very difficult with long hair. It took us a long time to choose what would suit her. Absolutely by chance, we stumbled upon this site Medium length hairstyles with a wide selection of hairstyles. There we chose what she liked, now she walks happy and does not regret what she did.

LEANN BOGGS Profile
LEANN BOGGS answered
Clorox clean-up, works on just about all hair dyes.
hayley rutland Profile
hayley rutland answered
Nail varnish remover is very good , but someone told me to rub a potato on hair dye stains ( the starch removes it
INez Galvez
INez Galvez commented
OH MY GAWD IT WORKED SO PERFECTLY!!! yes it works. i JUST removed purple hair dye off of my bathroom sink and counter. but they are made of marble.

Anonymous