If I accidently flushed a rolled up maxi pad down the toilet 13 days ago and it hasn't clogged up, does that mean I made it through the toilet line or should I still be worried?

5

Rooster Cogburn Profile
Rooster Cogburn , Rooster Cogburn, answered

Unless you have tree roots in your sewer pipe system, I would say it's safe now and is long gone. It would have clogged the line up a lot sooner. I think you're OK now but try not to flush those things down a toilet. You're just asking for a problem.

1 Person thanked the writer.
Toni Entara
Toni Entara commented
Does it help if this happened in a downstairs toilet? They have two upstairs toilets.
Rooster Cogburn
Rooster Cogburn commented
You worry too much. If it was going to clog, it would have long ago.
Toni Entara
Toni Entara commented
Someone else on a different site said it could still back up but I would think if it was, there would already be signs that it is still in there such as gurgling or slow flush but that never happened after it got plunged through.
CalTex - Doug Morgan Profile

A agree with Rooster.  You should be fine -- for now. 

But it might become you and and your neighbor's problem long down the road since it has now been added to the thousands of other non-sewar-compliant junk collecting and clogging the main sewer lines.  In some cases it means that some poor soul has to go into that sewer line wearing a hazmat suit and physically remove all that nasty junk from those lines.  I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

I think you should be concerned because it is this kind of debris that is causing the drain to block.

I say this because I myself was in a similar situation and due to the fact that sometimes toilet paper or personal hygiene products were thrown into the toilet, over time I discovered a blocked toilet and believe me, it became a very big nuisance for me.

I had to do a lot of work: To find a master who cleared the drains and sewerage system, it was the easiest thing to do, found specialists on the Internet who did their job quickly and efficiently. The most difficult thing was to deal with the unpleasant smell and cleaning.

I think you should call professionals to check this problem. Don't waste your time because there can be much more problems in future.

I also think that calling the appropriate specialists as drainage engineers is the only right decision in your situation. Last year, the sewerage clogged in my neighbor's apartment, and the consequences were terrible for the residents of the whole house. Therefore, don't ignore this, but rather contact the unblocking a toilet specialists. I contacted them 2 times and each time they did an excellent job. True professionals in their field.

Anonymous