What are some natural fly repellents? Whenever I put my dogs outside, the flies just zoom in to get at them :(

Veronica Dultry Profile
Veronica Dultry answered

Here is a link that really has every possible fly repellent natural or chemical. It even had the water bag method. Check it out. Hopefully something in there will work. Good luck.

Jaimie  JT Profile
Jaimie JT answered

Something about a penny in a bag of water is a fly repellent I think ...actually that's a mosquito repellent... And that's for people not dogs ... And the penny doesn't exist anymore here anyway. I have no idea why I answered this :/ Soz

Alice Snow Profile
Alice Snow , Pest Control, Tree Service, & Lawn Care Miami, answered

You can make your own natural fly repellent by using two table spoons of vegetable oil, two table spoons of vodka, and 100 drops of essential oils (eg. Lavender oil, citronella oil, Eucalyptus oil, or peppermint oil). Mix them all together and you have a fly repellent that will last through the day. Just leave it where ever your dog usually stays.