Anonymous

How to drill a hole?

2

Kelly H. Profile
Kelly H. answered

Drilling a hole is very simple:

First start by measuring the width of the piece of wood you are drilling into, to make sure the drill bit is long enough.

Make sure you have the right type of bit. (There are different bits for drilling different types of holes.)

Mark the spot where you want to drill the hole with a pencil/marker.

Punch a small hole on the spot you marked with a hammer and nail.

Fit the drill bit into the hole.

Start drilling a low speed then increase your speed as time goes on.

Reduce the speed of the drill when your hole is made, and slowly pull the bit out. Switch the drill off when the bit is completely out of the hole. If you switch the power off while the bit is in the hole, you will not be able to remove the bit.

Here is also a video if you don't understand something and need a visual: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c30oo7Ks9lw

Good Luck!!

Hi. Thank you for this question. I should check with you. Where exactly do you want to drill the hole? So I need to know what diameter and what you need it for. I understand you want to build a house or something. If I'm right, it's better to use order and use drilling equipment if you want to build a house. Before you build, you should set the foundation, which you can't set without a drilling machine. You can of course do it all by hand and dig all the trenches and holes yourself, but you will spend a lot of time on that. So I advise you to save your time and health!

Anonymous