because we use a grounded system, the electricity will take the shortest route to the ground. Salt water is a good conductor, you are not, so the electricity will go through the water to the ground. This would also cause the fuses and circuit breakers to open the circuit. You would only be in danger if it was extremely high voltage (137,000 volts or so) then you might be hurt.
In case of a flood or tsunami and there are wall sockets and whole houses getting ripped of the ground, what up with electrocution?
i saw a documentary on tsunamis yesterday. And now i rly wonder how peeps are not getting electrocuted when in the water. HOWW