How Do I Switch My Central Heat To Electric Instead Of Gas?


1 Answers

Rev. Dr. Charles Rogers Profile
You will need to have an HVAC technician remove the evaporator section of your system including the heating and replace it with an evaporator section with electric resistive heat. Note - If the overall central HVAC system is very old, it will probably be easier, and cheaper, to replace the entire system with an energy efficient system that have all components match for peak performance.
In addition to replacing the system, you will need an electrician to install a 240V AC circuit for the new electric heating section.
Depending on your geographical location, in Georgia I can get a brand new (replacement) HVAC system (2 1/2 to 3 ton) installed for about $2500. The electrical portion should run $125 - $200. All told, if you get a quote under $3000 you should probably take it.

Answer Question