Anonymous

How Do I Restart My Gas Water Heater?

2

I am very mechanically inclined (Work in an automotive repair facility, worked in construction for 22+ yrs and also worked as a Facilities Manager for a medium sized church for 3yrs where I was responsible for the maintenance of all their heating/cooling setups.) and I am going to hire a pro plumber in Toronto when I go with a new gas system.

Take the front cover off. You will see a round knob. Most of the time it has red highlights. Turn it to pilot and hold the little knob down. It only holds down in one spot( when the big knob is turned to pilot)
Have a rolled up piece of paper. You have to get down and reach in under the water heater. A pilot light will catch. Hold the little knob down till it stays on by it's self. Release the little knob and turn the big one( thermostat control). A big flame will catch.
Goodluck and keep smiling

Anonymous