If the blinds are white, use a diluted solution of bleach and water. Wipe on with a damp sponge. 5-8 drops of laundry bleach per cup of water should do. This may take a few applications to kill the mildew and reduce the stain.
If the blinds are colored try with 3-5 drops of "color safe" bleach per cup of water. In short, you meed to kill the mildew but this may also kill the fabric. Bleach kills the mildew but weakens the fabric. If it is bad.... Treat them anyway and plan on replacing them soon.
You can buy mold and mildew killer and stain remover, but if you read the ingredients, it has bleach in it.
Please rate with a thumbs up
What color is the curtain? I've heard that peroxide or bleach will kill mold and mildew....but I'd be very careful with it if the curtain is any color other than white. I'd test an area that wouldn't normally be seen before washing the whole thing in the wash on the gentle cycle with a solution of the bleach or peroxide. Hope this helps. Janes
Place the curtain in a bowl/bucket of boiling water for an hour or so. Once done, give it a good scruyb and place in the washing machine for a normal wash. Should do the trick.
Hi, I'd also recommend steeping it in hot water with a few drops of tea tree oil added and then washing as normal. It's worked on my shower curtain which was pretty horrid so hopefully it'll work on yours too. Make sure it's essential oil (available in Boots, Holland and Barrett, and lots of other places).
Typically mildew is best removed with a bleach solution or with a premeasured bleach solution type product such as Tilex. I don't know the ratio of bleach to water but you could google it and get the answer yourself. That would be a much better way to find answers to your question.
Hi, I've also soaked a shower curtain in hot water with a few drops of tea tree oil in it (needs to be essential oil) for a few hours, then washed as normal. This worked on my pretty icky shower curtain so should hopefully work on yours too!
As long as they are white, and do not say NOT too on the tag, you should be able too. My gram used too all the time.
Love & Light, Gina
I am having the same problem, it would seem everyone seem to think that lemon juice and salt will work.
Prevent the spores from entering in the first place using a restrictor valve (see mildont).
Use bleach to clean it with some water