To remove highlighter pen from your carpet (or fabric) there are several steps you will need to take.
For the purpose of simplicity, I will direct you as if you are cleaning your carpet, but the same principle can be applied to fabric (although I suggest putting a clean cloth underneath the fabric if doing so, in order to absorb the stain.)
- First thing you need to do is to create a solution. This solution should be comprised of 2 cups of water, 1 tablespoon of dishwashing detergent and 1 tablespoon of vinegar (excellent for removing stains).
- Place a clean cloth into the solution, wringing it out, then gently blotting the stain on the carpet. Make sure that you do not rub the stain, since this will cause the stain to spread. If the stain is tough, allow the solution to sit on your carpet for a couple of minutes.
- Once this is done, you can rinse the area with cold water and use a fresh cloth to blot it dry.
- If the stain is still present, you can apply some rubbing alcohol on to a clean cloth and use that to gently blot the stain, again rinsing with clean water.
- Once you have completed the above steps, you can use a clean cloth to blot the area until it's dry, and then allow to air dry naturally.
I hope this helps!