Anonymous

I Spilled Hot Wax In My Kitchen Sink. It Is Stainless Steel, So I'm Trying To Figure Out The Easiest And Safest Way To Remove The Wax. Can You Help?

Jo W. Profile
Jo W. answered
Hi lilletlet!

The only methods I have used to get wax off of anything are:

1) ice cubes which harden the wax, allowing you to chip it off (and since it's your sink I would use a plastic or rubber spatula); and

2) paper towels and an iron set on low heat, just enough to melt the wax, and paper towels to soak it up. I have found that this method gets the wax off without leaving a mark and works on most items, however, I have a porcelain sink so I can't attest to its use there.

Please let us know what works for you, and good luck!!
melissa childers Profile
Try goo gone..you can find it at wal-mart..it gets wax up great!
Anonymous
Anonymous commented
This worked wonderfully! I was worried that if i melted it, the wax would stop up the pipes so i tried this one. It took a little scrubbing but wasnt too hard. Thanks for the input!
archana d Profile
archana d answered
Heat the sink ,till the wax get melted
William Hook Profile
William Hook answered

Hi,

There are many ways that you can try to remove wax from kitchen sinks. Let me share a few of them:

• Put boiled water in the sink and repeat this often.
  • You can try Un-Du Wax Remover, down the sink and wait for it to unclog.
  • Remove the drain's p-trap and scrape the wax from the pipe.
I hope this helps! For best Kitchen Sinks and Accessories in Australia, Contact ABI Interiors as they provide a wide range of Best Kitchen Accessories Online and in Store.

Anonymous