What Product Should I Use To Kill/remove Mold From My Wood Furniture That Won't Harm The Carpet?


3 Answers

Anonymous Profile
Anonymous answered
Molds are basically a type of fungus that thrives and multiplies in warm, moist environments, especially on organic materials such as paper, leather, wood, natural fibers or surfaces coated with the slightest amount of organic matter such as food or soil.But in case your wooden furniture is afflicted with mold, follow these steps to remove it:

  • Begin as soon as you notice mold or experience moist, musty odor associated with mold.

  • Soak a clean, soft washcloth in a solution made of 3 parts water and 1 part mild detergent. Wring the solution till the cloth is almost dry. Wipe the surface of the furniture to remove mold from it.

  • Wipe only a small area at a time. Follow up with another washcloth dipped in plain water. Use a clean, dry cloth to thoroughly dry the surface

  • Ensure that each area is completely dry before proceeding to another area.

  • Use any furniture cleaner to wipe your furniture if you notice white, greasy film on it.

  •  Rinse the surface thoroughly with plain water. Dry thoroughly. Do not use bleach on finished surfaces.

  • Leave out the cleaned furniture in the sunlight for a couple of hours if you can. Sunlight aids in oxidation and will help eliminate the source of mold/mildew.

  • Consult professional refinishers when excessive mildew has occurred on valuable antique furniture

For further click here. Details
Anonymous Profile
Anonymous answered
The best thing I have found for mold problems is a product called ROOM SHOCKER which you can get at Biocidesystems.com, this web site has a lot of great information on fighting mold.  This stuff has really worked for my and it's easy and inexpensive to use.  You just pop the top off, add a little water and leave it in the affected room and closed the doors and windows and leave it over night.  It will literaly disinfect and doedorize the entire area, killing all bacteria, mold, fungus and viruses.  I used it in my RV and it leaves it smelling great!  I've recomened this to friends and family with great success, and I like that it is environmentally safe and non toxic.
I hope this helps and good luck
Jim Witness Protection Profile
If the wood has varnish/shellac/polyurethane coating on it, you can try a mild solution of soap and water in a damp sponge first. If that doesn't work, try a cleaner like Pinesol or Lysol. Try a small spot first in an inconspicuous spot to make sure it doesn't damage wood. I doubt your house is so closed up that humidity would cause mold on furniture or wood in general. But if it is, and you know that is the cause, buy a dehumidifier to remove the moisture from the air.

Answer Question