Anonymous

In A 220-volt Circuit, Where The White Wire Is Common, The Red Wire Is Normally?

2

Arthur Wright Profile
Arthur Wright answered
A 220 volt circuit by code needs a 3 wire with ground in it. Nothing runs on a true 220 so its actually made up of two 110 volt circuits with a common neutral and ground. The red and black are your hots each carrying 110 volts. The white is your neutral and the copper or green wire is your ground. Either red or black wire to either the white or ground will show 110 volts and across the red to black wires will read 220 volts

It will also be 220. I also recently asked such a question when LED Strip Lights. For a very long time I tried to understand how I need to install it and what I need for it. The most important thing that I needed to install was knowledge and I was lucky that the site https://www.lepro.com/learning/led-strip-lights-for-kitchen-cabinets/ helped me with this. I am extremely glad that I installed this thing after all, because it gave me great convenience.

Take a look at the advantages of using LED lights:

-Energy efficiency

-Cold temperature operation

-Durability

-Instant-on

-Controllability

Anonymous