Anonymous

I Have Found Mushrooms Growing In The Carpet In My Basement. How Do I Get Rid Of This Problem?

5

5 Answers

Anonymous Profile
Anonymous answered
I though my house smelled a little off before I left on a two week vacation in early September.  When I cam back the smell was worse.  No one else could smell it.  I searched the house and in the basement found that in one of the corners of a room were two very hard mushrooms and the the carpet was a little damp.  I called a Water Damage Co. And they ripped the walls, took the wet insulation (yes the insulation was wet from floor to about 5 feet high) and took the carpet and under-pad away.  After, they dried the room with an industrial dehumidifier and a fan was put in the window to take the air to the outside as I am very allergic to mold (penicillin)..  This went on for a week.  This fan removes the air in the whole house every two minutes.   Once dried they sprayed the wood with a fungicides and sealant.  DO NOT PUT BLEACH ON MOLD.  Check with your State or Provincial Home Builders Association for do it yourself clean up.  Now the walls are back up.  The job is not finished yet.  But no more smell in the house.  Lately though I have been having some heaviness in my breathing.  It is now the heating season and I have bought the most expensive filter for the forced air furnace I could find that takes away 99% of mold, dust, animal dander, bacteria ect...  I will wait another week or so and check with my doctor if this continues.  It has now been three months since I first smelled a musty smell.  The problem was the outside water tap froze last winter and it had been leaking in small amounts all summer everytime I turned it on outside.  Basements can be dangerous places to live in. Be safe, be alive and well.
Delun Kang Profile
Delun Kang answered

The main reason behind mushrooms growing in houseplants is buried organic matter, fungus, high moisture and low light. A fungus grows by breaking down organic matter. One of the most common mushrooms found growing in houseplants is the Leucocoprinus birnbaumii. The humidity that escapes under the bathroom door can elevate the moisture levels of the wood floor, which in turn feeds the fungi. Remove the mushroom and treat the area with a mixture of one part household bleach to three parts of warm water. A Leading Producer and distributor agrinoon.com/agriculture/ produce quality based fresh and dried mushroom in the market at best offer prices. Thanks.

Karl Sagan Profile
Karl Sagan answered

This is a very difficult problem and to be honest, I have no idea how to get rid of it. However, my friends always advised me this site https://aandyconstruction.com/basement-waterproofing/ when it is time to deal with the basement repairment. I am lucky because I don't have any problems with waterproofing, but you can have a look

Anonymous Profile
Anonymous answered
Well you should try to get rid of the carpet and then clean the floor and then ut a new carpet

Answer Question

Anonymous